The Ohio Resident educator program is a four- year induction system of support and mentoring for new teachers. Successful completion of the residency program is required to qualify for a five-year professional educator license.
Eligibility Requirements for participation in the Ohio Resident Educator (RE) Program:
- Hold a valid resident educator license or alternative resident educator license of any type, or a one year out of state educator license;
- be employed by Mansfield City Schools
- Teach at least two classes or .25 FTE in the RE's area of licensure or in the area in which the RE holds a supplemental teaching license;
- Be responsible for planning and delivering standards - based, preK-12 curriculum to students and evaluating their progress;
- work 120 days as defined by Ohio Revised Code; and
- Be assigned an ODE - Certified, trained mentor by MCS Mentoring Committee
Note: Teachers hired as tutors will now be considered eligible if they meet the above criteria.