PRE-K REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Mansfield City Schools Pre-Kindergarten believes that a child-centered curriculum is the core of an early childhood educational program.
- Students must be three years old on or before August 1 to enter Pre-Kindergarten.
- The Mansfield City Schools Pre-Kindergarten is now in the Springmill STEM building, located at 1200 Nestor Drive, Mansfield, OH 44906.
- The Mansfield City Schools Pre-Kindergarten provides quality preschool experiences to children from ages three to five years.
- The Pre-Kindergarten Program holds classes from Monday through Friday. A morning or afternoon session may be assigned each day.
- Tuition fees beginning the 2022-2023 School year have been waived.
- Children with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) are not charged tuition. Speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and psychological services are provided to students according to their needs as identified in their individual IEP's.
- Upon entering the program, each child receives a developmental screening, including vision and hearing. If there are any concerns in any developmental area, the concerns are discussed with the child's family and a plan to address those needs is developed.
- If you would like to visit the Mansfield City Schools Pre-Kindergarten, please contact the Springmill STEM/Pre-Kindergarten School at 419-525-6348.
** After you have completed the online pre-registration, PLEASE schedule an in-person or virtual appointment with the Central Registrar, Melinda Hood by phone, email, or through the New Student Registration Appointment Calendar located on the New Student Enrollment page of our website.**
***Five-star Step Up to Quality rated by the Ohio Department of Education and the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services. ***
How do I register my child for Pre-Kindergarten?
Pre-Kindergarten registration is a three-step process.
1. Completion of online registration paperwork can be done by clicking on this link https://mansfield.esvportal.com/ or by visiting our district website at https://www.tygerpride.com/ to access the online Student Registration link for New Students.
2. Once the online registration is submitted and reviewed, a confirmation email from [email protected] will be sent to you.
3. You will then need to schedule an in-person or virtual appointment with the Central Registrar, Melinda Hood by phone, email or through the Central Registration Appointment Calendar located at the bottom of the New Student Enrollment page of our website.
Phone: 419-525-6400 Ext. 1040, or Option 2
Email: [email protected]
Central Registration Location: Mansfield Board of Education, 856 W. Cook Rd. Mansfield, Ohio.
Parent or guardian must provide the following required documents during the scheduled appointment below for the enrollment to be complete. You may provide these items in person or upload them digitally through the online registration portal:
Social Security Card (optional)
Proof of Residency (bill/invoice with address and guardian name, copy of lease agreement)
Court/Custody Papers (if applicable)
IEP/ETR and 504 (if in hand)
**Once the three-step registration process is complete, you will be contacted by the preschool coordinator to schedule an appointment for a preschool screening and to finalize enrollment. **