All students will think critically and analytically, and will achieve high levels of academic success that meet or exceed state and national performance standards.
1. Be proficient in language arts: Reading, Writing, Oral communications-speaking and listening
2. Be proficient in Mathematics
3. Be proficient in Sciences
4. Be proficient in Social Studies: Economics/Government, Geography, History
5. Be proficient in the uses of technology
6. Be proficient in a second language
7. Participate in and appreciate the arts
8. Participate in physical fitness
All students will be productive members of the community as it reflects the value of American democracy.
1. Understand and respect the broad global range of cultures and belief structures
2. Appreciate the process and demonstrate civic responsibility of: Voting and/or participating in the political process; Contributing positively to the community; Being good stewards of the environment
Essential Life and Work Skills
All students will demonstrate the aptitude, attitude, and skills to lead responsible, fulfilling, and respectful lives.
1. Possess high self-esteem
2. Manage resources to resolve problems
3. Possess sound character
4. Identify and accomplish personal goals
5. Possess the skills to manage conflict
Health and Safety
All students will understand and demonstrate the components of healthy lifestyles.
1. Understand the components of good physical, mental, and emotional health, including nutrition
2. Make healthy decisions
3. Know how to protect personal safety
4. Understand how to access help and support for self and others
Revised and Adopted on January 19, 2010
Talented and Gifted Program K-12
Malabar Middle Accelerated Program 7-8
Advance Placement/ Honors Courses 9-12
Post Secondary Education Options (PSEO)
Career Technical Academy
Business Arts & Communications
Business & Technology
Business Health & Human Services
Business Science & Engineering
Parent Choice Options
Malabar and Prospect students qualify for Supplemental Educational Services (SES). For more information contact our Office of State and Federal Programs 419-525-6400 ext. 6429.
Extended Learning Opportunities
Each school has an after-school tutoring program for academic intervention district-wide for all grade levels. Please contact the school directly for specific program offerings.
A+ Learning K-12
Read180 by Scholastic 4-12
Mansfield Magnet Programs
The Spanish Immersion Program