The primary responsibility of the public relations consultant is to cultivate trust and support for the Mansfield City Schools by providing a consistent flow of accurate and timely information to the community at large. This is accomplished by working closely with the board of education, the superintendent, principals, teachers and students.
The public relations consultant's specific duties include:
- Maintaining regular in-person contact with staff in the district's nine schools.
- Daily consultation with the superintendent.Attendance at all board of education meetings and reporting of board actions on the district web site and through local media.
- Daily updating of the news section of the district's home web page.
- Researching and writing feature stories about students' achievements and developing other news release for distribution to the Mansfield News Journal, WMFD TV, Richland Source News and WMAN radio.
- Taking photos to accompany stories and for posting on the web site.
- Responding promptly to media inquiries
- Arranging guests and hosting the district's weekly program "Inside Mansfield City Schools" on WMFD TV.
- Writing and designing district newsletters for distribution to 13, 250 homes and businesses within the school district.
- Assisting the board of education, the superintendent and principals with the preparation of printed materials.
Larry Gibbs, public relations consultant, can be reached at:
Raemelton Administrative Building
856 West Cook Road
Mansfield, OH 44907
419-525-6400, ext. 56406